Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The 6-Month Limbo


Here’s one of the biggest home-moving shocks in my entire life.

Nim and I moved into Casa Desa a couple of weeks ago now. We were probably the first couple to move into the entire 5-block condominium. Even the guards were suprised but at least we could supervise contractors and make all the noise with drilling and hammering and not worry about annoying anyone. Anyway, we were keen to move in, we had the CFO (certificate of fitness for occupation) and it just seemed right.

Then I put in the application for transfer of phone number, via my buddy Charles. That’s when the bombshell dropped. They told him 6 months. I thought he was pulling my leg. I rang TM’s 100 number and asked. They told me 6 months. They mumbled something about no account for the address I gave.

In disbelief, I called Faber Union and checked. Yes, they said, they’ve got all the paperwork done, the cable and household points were connected but the main connection to the condo is under TM’s purview and they haven’t reverted back to Faber Union. Still in some kind of queue at the distribution centre.

I’m still boiling about this. We’re in the 21st century and surely a major telecommunications company can do better than ‘6 months’. Is that their new tagline? And how’s am I going to surf without WiFi? Who are they trying to bullshit? But I’m also annoyed with Faber because they could have done something.

My ex-landlord was chums with TM’s former CEO Datuk Abdul Wahid Omar. Oh boy, I thought I could pull a favour but Abdul Wahid’s moved on to Maybank so he (my ex-landlord) couldn’t do much.

Now, I’m thinking of talking to my friends at Star Metro. And, it’s about time I called Maxis Broadband. Serves TM right. Because, this has to be highlighted. In this day and age, I’m utterly flabbergasted that people move into a home to progress with their lives and yet, they have to put up with this shit.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

screw tm net

Anonymous said...

screw faber union...stupid glc

Anonymous said...

btw michael...maxis is also another glc

Anonymous said...

go for wimax & prepaid skype

Anonymous said...

btw...Abdul Wahid Omar is a crony of TDM...he'll screw maybank for sure!!

Anonymous said...

"....people move into a home to progress with their lives and yet, they have to put up with this shit.".....welcome to malaysia

CHARIS said...

Hi Michael, I've been staying in Taman Desa since I was 5 and I absolutely love it! Its been very enjoyable reading your blog and it helps be stay in touch with the on-goings back home sweet home since I'm now overseas! Congratulations on your new apartment. Hope that you will enjoy life on top of the hill :)

Michael D'Oliveiro said...

Hi Charis,

Thanks for the kind wishes. Nice blog too. When you come back, consider staying in Taman Desa and we can hang out!

Anonymous said...

we should organise a protest against faber union & telekom malaysia for their incompetance & negelect !!

Anonymous said...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".....Edmund Burke

Anonymous said...

Many frequent visitors swear Malaysia has South-East Asia's best street food. All over the country, streets are transformed into food markets after dusk. In holiday destinations such as Langkawi and Penang, ask directions to night-time hawker markets.

The capital, Kuala Lumpur, has many competing food strips. Jalan Alor (jalan means street) is handiest because it is in the Bukit Bintang section of the "golden triangle" hotel zone.

Jalan Alor, nondescript by day, is a former red-light area that at night becomes a lively "eat street". Some eateries are shops, some are carts - many are a combination of the two, with folding tables spreading to the street.

The emphasis is on Malaysian Chinese dishes, such as kuay teow noodles. But - this being multicultural Malaysia - Malay and Indian fare are also prominent.

Ubiquitous chicken satay is superb, but the pieces are smaller than in Britain, so order five or six sticks per person. Seafood is popular, try grilled ikan pari (stingray). Vegetarians can enjoy kangkung belacan (spicy water cabbage).

Anonymous said...

dial 999

RY said...

Hi, Michael, what a surprise to hear that someone had move into Casa Desa!! i am your neighbor at Block E, enjoy reading your blog, glad to make a new friend. I am eagerly want to move in too, now in the process of getting renovation quotation, will move in soonest by early September as most of my neighbors too. We have a neighborhood website at http:casadesa.dyndns.org, but it cant be access today, dont know why, that is also why i accidentally found your blog.

bluevvy here.

Anonymous said...

limbo bimbo...i am still waiting for my new house after 3 years !!!

Anonymous said...

where is casa desa?

Anonymous said...

where are the justices in this world???

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael.. I drove past your new condos...bad looking lot....Might check it out this weekend

Michael D'Oliveiro said...

Hi Rivern,

Thanks for the well-wishes. Hope to meet up at the first get-together of owners!